SIMPLY GRATEFUL MONTHLY CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. SPONSOR: The Simply Grateful Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Simply Cottage Ltd. located at 101 Entrance Drive, Box 7B, Bracebridge, Ontario, P1L 1H3 (the “Sponsor”). Not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and/or those living in the same household.
By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of these Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. CONTEST DATES AND TIMES: This Contest begins on January 3, 2023 at 8:00 a.m. EST and ends on February 18, 2023 at 11:00 p.m. EST (the “Contest End Date”) after which time this Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
4. HOW TO ENTER: You can enter this Contest by entering in the comments section of one of the Sponsor's monthly Contest prize posts located on the Sponsor's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Simply.Cottage, Instagram https://www.instagram.com/simplycottageltd/ or other social media pages before the Contest End Date a description of what you are grateful for and tagging the Sponsor @simplycottageltd. All Contest entries must comply with all of the following Entry Submission Guidelines. The Sponsor may accept or reject any entry into this Contest for any reason.
Entry Submission Guidelines
- All entries must be unique and different than any other entry (or entries) submitted by the same entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to determine whether any entry is the same or similar to any other entry and to disqualify any entrant submitting more than one entry that is not unique.
- Entries must be 150 words or less.
- Entries must comply with all Contest Rules, be the original work of the entrant, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
- Entrants grant the Sponsor an exclusive and irrevocable license to use their entries for the administration of this Contest and in any advertising, marketing or publicity, without notice or compensation, as may be edited, modified or translated in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entrants waive any moral rights they may have or claim in relation to their entries.
- The Sponsor may determine, in its sole discretion, whether or not to accept or use any entry for any purpose, including for entering this Contest or in any marketing or publicity.
- Entries cannot include any of the following, all of which shall be determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion:
- content that is sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or describe any dangerous activity;
- content that promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), activities that are unsafe or dangerous or any particular political agenda or message;
- content that is obscene or offensive or endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- content that defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about the Sponsor or other people, products or companies;
- trademarks, logos or intellectual property or content owned by third parties or advertising that promotes any brand or product;
- references to the name of any person without permission from that person for the entrant and the Sponsor to reproduce it; or
- any other message(s) inconsistent with this Contest, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
To be eligible to win a prize in this Contest, all entrants must have at least one active comment on the Sponsor’s Contest related social media pages at the time of the Contest draw. The Sponsor may use Contest entries for marketing. All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, at its sole discretion.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise illicit means to enter this Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to; creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of these Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant the Sponsor a non-exclusive license to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
5. CONTEST PRIZES: There are a total of three (3) candle package prizes, including four (4) candles each, available to be won (approximate retail value $68.00 per package). All prizes are subject to availability, determined at the sole direction of the Sponsor.
All winners assume any and/or all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering and participating in this Contest and the use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Prizes, or any portion thereof, cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at time of award.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest End Date.
7. SKILL TESTING QUESTION: Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition to winning a prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question.
8. WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION: On March 1, 2023 at 3:00 pm EST at 101 Entrance Drive, Box 7B, Bracebridge, Ontario, P1L 1H3 (“Draw Date”), an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries and select the potential winners (the “Selected Entrants”). The Selected Entrants will be deemed winners if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules.
If a Selected Entrant does not meet any eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, a Selected Entrant will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question; (ii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (“Winner Release”); and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
The Selected Entrant will be notified within one (1) business day of the draw and will be contacted using the social media handle provided at the time of entry into this Contest and up to three (3) attempts will be made within thirty-six (36) hours following the Contest draw. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept a prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant will be selected by random draw, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor’s signed Winner Release must be received by the Sponsor no later than thirty-six (36) hours after the last attempt to contact the winner and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure, for any reason whatsoever, of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
Prizes can be claimed by visiting the Sponsor’s store located at 101 Entrance Drive, Bracebridge, Ontario, P1L 1H3. Prizes may also be shipped to winners, who will be responsible for the cost of shipping as determined by the Sponsor.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (the individual assigned to the e-mail address or, if applicable for entry, social media handle associated with the entry). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with the selected entry.
9. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: All winners must sign the Sponsor’s Winner Release to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, Facebook and Instagram, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development, and execution of the Contest (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage, or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize and the use of the Entry by Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release forms; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
10. OTHER CONDITIONS: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, this Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
Publicity and entrant information: By participating in this Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, postal code, telephone number, social media handles, comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, all as may be edited, translated or otherwise modified by the Sponsor at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, for the administration of this Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
Law: The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of Ontario, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.
Rule amendments: The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts or threatens to corrupt the security or proper administration of this Contest.
Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to, trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
© Simply Cottage Ltd., 2023. All Rights Reserved.